Articles on this Page
- 10/30/12--15:17: _10 Windfall Propert...
- 10/31/12--07:41: _"Batman: Li'l Gotha...
- 10/31/12--08:11: _Sandy's Flood Raise...
- 10/31/12--09:22: _15 Best Star Wars/D...
- 10/31/12--12:00: _Rainn Wilson Wishes...
- 10/31/12--13:01: _Neil Gaiman Talks A...
- 10/31/12--13:11: _Posters For Real Li...
- 10/31/12--14:44: _First Look At The W...
- 11/01/12--08:15: _The Worst Border-Cr...
- 11/01/12--08:46: _George Lucas Talked...
- 11/01/12--09:32: _New Zealand Flight ...
- 11/01/12--09:44: _UPS Delivers To Hob...
- 11/01/12--09:59: _Republican John Kos...
- 11/01/12--13:06: _Famous Logos Zombif...
- 11/02/12--08:03: _Cab Driver Saved Fr...
- 11/02/12--08:46: _20 Bleak Photos Of ...
- 11/02/12--09:48: _Science Says Zombie...
- 11/02/12--11:36: _Working "Myst" Link...
- 11/02/12--11:58: _10 Bizarre Vintage ...
- 11/02/12--13:53: _Microscopic Caffein...
- 10/30/12--15:17: 10 Windfall Properties Disney Picked Up In The Lucasfilm Buyout
- 10/31/12--07:41: "Batman: Li'l Gotham" Brings Stylistic Watercolor To Batman
- 10/31/12--08:11: Sandy's Flood Raises The Dead Tops The Morning Links
- 10/31/12--09:22: 15 Best Star Wars/Disney Merger Memes
- 10/31/12--12:00: Rainn Wilson Wishes The Internet A Happy Halloween
- 10/31/12--13:01: Neil Gaiman Talks All Hallow's Read, Ceiling Cat, And Social Media
- 10/31/12--13:11: Posters For Real Life Horror Movies And Other Links
- 10/31/12--14:44: First Look At The Wicked Witch From "Oz: Great And Powerful"
- 11/01/12--08:15: The Worst Border-Crossing Attempt Ever Tops The Morning Links
- 11/01/12--08:46: George Lucas Talked To Mark Hamill About Episode VII
- 11/01/12--09:32: New Zealand Flight Safety Presented By "Hobbit" Characters
- 11/01/12--09:44: UPS Delivers To Hoboken, Hurricane Be Damned
- 11/01/12--13:06: Famous Logos Zombified And Other Links
- 11/02/12--08:46: 20 Bleak Photos Of The Northeast Gas Shortage
- 11/02/12--09:48: Science Says Zombies Totally Possible
- 11/02/12--11:36: Working "Myst" Linking Book Replica Finally Invented
- 11/02/12--11:58: 10 Bizarre Vintage Marvel Heroes Teaching Callisthenics
- 11/02/12--13:53: Microscopic Caffeine Is Really Pretty And Other Links
Lucas didn't just make Star Wars . Whether Disney will do anything with these latent IPs is anyone's guess.
Howard The Duck*
*Assuming they didn't pick this up when they merged with Marvel.
*Maybe. It was a joint venture with The Henson Company
*Though they don't have plans for the series since at the moment.
Robin is a little overzealous this Halloween. Buzzfeed got an exclusive first look inside the pages of this gorgeous new digital series.
Li'l Gotham is a new festive original-digital series from artist/author Dustin Nguyen and co-author Derek Fridolfs. Showcasing Dustin's stylized water-color versions of the Gotham cast each issue will be set against the major holiday of its respective month.
Go download the whole Halloween Special starting at 2pm EST today!
Coffins were forced from the ground by rising flood waters in Maryland.
Hurricane Sandy is going to end up costing Hollywood a lot of money. - [HollywoodReporter]
Speaking of Halloween, here are the 50 best athletes costumes this year. - [BleacherReport]
Mergers lead to hate. Hate leads to anger. Anger gives way to hope. The Internet is torn between loathing of corporate takeover and wishing for a better future for the franchise.
Thanks for the nightmares. As if It's A Small World wasn't terrifying enough already.
Buzzfeed submits 13 pieces of interview evidence proving the Sandman creator is the best. We sat down to talk about the Halloween book-giving tradition, but we got distracted.
Neil Gaiman has an exceptionally elderly cat.
She is a TWENTY-year-old cat named Princess who likes to drink from the tap.
She used to be vicious and grumpy and now she just remembers being vicious and grumpy.
But who is his favorite Internet cat?
Oh, it's gotta be Ceiling Cat.
Sadly, he had not taken the quiz, Which Famous Internet Cat Are You?
He finds "Cats Who Look Like Pin-Up Girls" quite cute.
What does he think the next big thing should be?
Gay Guys With Cute Kittens.
Neil Gaiman shipped The Doctor and the TARDIS.
And so he lived out every fan's fantasy and made it real.
I'm a crap shipper. I did ship The Doctor and the TARDIS but then I got to make it canon and I don't think it counts once you've done that.
(Editor's Note: It totally still counts.)
The horror, the absolute horror!
Rachel Weisz as the green-skinned baddy. The most evil witch in all of Oz has never looked so good.
You can get a look at the full res version over at Yahoo!.
And it would've worked too, if not for that meddling fence.
10 things to do if you're stuck in the dark. - [TheAtlanticWire]
The Rock nailed it this Halloween. - [BleacherReport]
What does it all mean!? Back in August, Lucas took Hamill and Fisher to lunch to talk about the new trilogy, according to Entertainment Weekly .
Weeks before the deal went public, George called up Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.
He asked Carrie and I to have lunch with him and we did," Hamill says, "I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the 'Star Wars' TV series that I’ve heard about — which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor — or the 3-D releases. So when he said, 'We decided we’re going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,” I was just gobsmacked. “What? Are you nuts?!” [Laughs]
Did Lucas ask Hamill and Fisher to sign on for the new movies?
Well, no, he was just talking about writers and the fact that he wouldn’t be directing. I guess he wanted us to know before everybody else knew. He said, “Now you can’t tell anybody!” [Laughs] Even now I’m nervous about saying anything. I just don’t know!
An unexpected briefing. And thus, New Zealand completes its transformation from a country to a realm of Middle Earth.
These Amazon orders aren't going to deliver themselves. To everyone out there working through this disaster, thank you.
Because abortion is “putting more violence on a woman's body.” A new day, and Democrats point to another Republican making the case against abortion in the case of rape.
The comments were made this past weekend at a fund-raising event.
We wanted to know, is there any time that you would agree with abortion?
When a mother's life is in danger, I'm not going to make that decision, you know. I know they go out and — incest is so rare, I mean, it's so rare, but the rape thing...You know, I know a woman who was raped and kept the child, gave it up for adoption, she doesn't regret it. In fact, she's a — she's a big pro-life proponent. But on the rape thing, it's like how does — how does putting more violence onto a woman's body and taking the life of an innocent child that's not — that's a consequence of this crime, how does that make it better? You know what I mean?
Yeah, but she has to live with the consequence of that crime...
Yeah, I know crime has consequences, but how does it make it better by killing a child?
Some critics are calling the recording a setup, pointing to the 10-second mark where there is a clear audio cut. However, it is impossible to tell if it's an edit for time or to take Koster's remarks out of context.
BuzzFeed has reached out the American Bridge 21st Century super PAC about getting the full transcript, but has not heard back from them at this time.
UPDATE! American Bridge 21st Century super PAC communication director Chris Harris responded to say,
We did not record the audio, we used the recording from a group called Fuse Washington.
Their recording does not have the blip ours does, it must've been a glitch in our upload or something. There was no editing of the remarks, as you can tell from listening to Fuse's full clip.
BuzzFeed has since replaced their version with the original.
Halloween may be over, but love of zombies is forever.
George Lucas plans to give most of his $4 billion Disney buyout to charity. - [HollywoodReporter]
10 foods that are great for you sexual health. - [Cosmopolitan]
After watching a cab be swept away in the storm surge, one 25-year-old man used his 6'5” to wade out and save the driver. When asked why he did it, Candelaria responded, “What was I supposed to do? Sit at home and watch a man drown and take pictures to post on Facebook? … That's not me.”
15 potential writers for the new Star Wars movies. - [HollywoodReporter]
After a disaster, do you check on your ex? - [Glamour]
Fuel is in short supply as lines stretch for blocks, from downtown Manhattan to New Jersey.
In Sayreville, NJ, residents waited into the night for gas.
Image by Michael Loccisano / Getty Images
Queens residents huddle for warmth while waiting in line.
Image by Adrees Latif / Reuters
In Brooklyn, police tape blocks the entrance to keep cars out.
Image by Brendan Mcdermid / Reuters
The tape is to mark where pedestrians stretch for blocks, waiting.
Image by Brendan Mcdermid / Reuters
Well, that's…unnerving. Time to reevaluate your chances of survival.
It only took 19 years. Instead of housing trapped men of questionable allegiance, this Myst book is a fully functioning computer.
Created by hobbyist Mike Ando of Melbourne, Australia, the book is a self-contained desktop computer. No external wires or hardware required. It comes with a touch screen monitor and copies of every game in the Myst series onboard.
The 70s were weird. The best part? There are 128 pages of this insanity.
When you get up close and personal with caffeine crystals, they look like impressionist art.
9 movies re-imagined as 8-bit video games. - [NextMovie]
Just how far can you drive on empty? - [MentalFloss]
Take a listen to the upcoming Glee cover of Greased Lightning. - [PinkIsTheNewBlog]