Articles on this Page
- 11/08/12--10:16: _Giant 7-Foot-Long G...
- 11/08/12--10:26: _Man Proposes To Gir...
- 11/08/12--13:57: _The Forgotten First...
- 11/08/12--15:19: _"Star Wars: Episode...
- 11/09/12--07:07: _Battlestar Galactic...
- 11/09/12--08:11: _How Victorian NY Ke...
- 11/09/12--12:20: _Classic "Scooby-Doo...
- 11/09/12--12:59: _Taxidermy Rodeo Squ...
- 11/09/12--13:26: _DIY "Star Wars" LEG...
- 11/09/12--13:44: _Custom Made R2-D2 E...
- 11/09/12--15:17: _Diver Buddies Up To...
- 11/12/12--07:51: _Treasure Trove Of A...
- 11/12/12--08:25: _Puppies Hate Growin...
- 11/12/12--11:02: _3 New "Hobbit" Post...
- 11/12/12--11:35: _10 Diagrams To Crea...
- 11/12/12--12:40: _The Creepiest Victo...
- 11/12/12--20:52: _Personal favorite. ...
- 11/13/12--08:00: _"Bear" Knuckle Boxi...
- 11/13/12--08:13: _Haunting Dwarven So...
- 11/13/12--10:38: _Comic Book Illustra...
- 11/08/12--10:16: Giant 7-Foot-Long Gummi Python
- 11/08/12--10:26: Man Proposes To Girlfriend During "Star Trek" Cast Photo Op
- 11/08/12--13:57: The Forgotten First Bond Girl And Other Links
- 11/08/12--15:19: "Star Wars: Episode VII" May Have Found Its Writer
- 11/09/12--07:07: Battlestar Galactica Prequel "Blood & Chrome"
- 11/09/12--08:11: How Victorian NY Kept Snowy Roads Clear Tops The Morning Links
- 11/09/12--12:20: Classic "Scooby-Doo" Background Paintings And Other Links
- 11/09/12--12:59: Taxidermy Rodeo Squirrel Riding A Rattlesnake
- 11/09/12--13:26: DIY "Star Wars" LEGO Christmas Ornaments
- 11/09/12--13:44: Custom Made R2-D2 Engagement Ring
- 11/09/12--15:17: Diver Buddies Up To Giant Anaconda And Other Weekend Links
- 11/12/12--08:25: Puppies Hate Growing Up
- 11/12/12--11:02: 3 New "Hobbit" Posters Released
- 11/12/12--11:35: 10 Diagrams To Create Your Own "Star Wars" Origami
- 11/12/12--12:40: The Creepiest Victorian Cat Photo And Other Links
- 11/12/12--20:52: Personal favorite. Star Wars represent!
- 11/13/12--08:00: "Bear" Knuckle Boxing Tops The Morning Links
- 11/13/12--08:13: Haunting Dwarven Song From "The Hobbit"
- 11/13/12--10:38: Comic Book Illustrator Tony Harris Hates Women (Cosplayers)
Warning: This post may cause diabetes. When you run out of Halloween candy, maybe one of these will tide you over for the next 11 months.
Vat 19 is trying to kill us all with sweet, delicious flavored gelatin.
Weighing in at 27 lbs, the gummi python contains 36,720 calories and costs a whopping $150.
Wil Wheaton's reaction is priceless. Are we sure he wasn't asking Wesley to marry him? (By the way, she said yes!)
Almost a decade before Honey Ryder walked out of the sea in a white bikini, Le Chiffre was trading witty barbs with 007.
The style evolution of Emma Stone. - [Elle]
The disturbing origins of 10 famous fairy tales. - [Flavorwire]
That didn't take long. Hollywood insiders leaked information to Vulture stating Michael Arndt has written a 40 page treatment.
Who is Michael Arndt?
Until 2006, Michael Arndt was best known as Matthew Broderick's assistant. That is, until he decided to start writing.
"Little Miss Sunshine" was his writing debut.
He hit gold, garnering a 91% on Rotten Tomatoes and winning the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay that year.
Next he was tapped by Pixar to pen the script for "Toy Story 3".
And was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay (though The Social Network took home the prize).
His most recent work is "Catching Fire", sequel to the blockbuster "Hunger Games".
While there is no way to know for sure, I will safely assume they wouldn't have handed such an important franchise to someone they weren't 100% sure of.
Back to where it all began. For anyone who ever wanted to see how the Cylon wars got started, our wish has been granted by Syfy and Machinima.
In a new experiment on how people consume televised media, Syfy has teamed up with Machinima to bring the world of Battlestar Galatica back to the fans.
In Blood and Chrome, viewers follow a young William Adama as he is assigned to the brand new, state of the art Galactica to fight during the first Cylon war.
After the ten episodes air on YouTube, split up into chunks of approximately 10 minutes a piece, Syfy will release the uncut two hour special on DVD and Blu-Ray in February of 2013.
If this model works, smaller shows with cult following will have another path to connecting with their fans in the future.
With a New York population of over 2 million in 1900, the logistics of keeping the city streets passable was a huge undertaking.
If Star Wars manages to reunite the old cast for another movie, is that a good thing? - [HollywoodReporter]
A sports rivalry usually takes two people...usually. - [BleacherReport]
New research shows how you keep your desk can help you get promoted. - [Cosmopolitan]
Did you know most of the backgrounds on the show were stationary paintings?
The evolution of women's underwear in 10 (SFW) photos. - [CollegeCandy]
Did climate change kill the Mayans? - [Time]
This. Is. Awesome. Sometimes something is so wrong, it's right. This is one of those times.
May the Force of the holiday season be with you. If you don't have the necessary pieces laying around, each one is also available in a ready-to-build kit.
Bonus! Non-Star-Wars Gingerbread House
That R2-D2 is in prime condition, a real bargin. When Joe wanted to propose to his girlfriend Emily, he knew a run of the mill diamond wasn't what she wanted.
Why do divers seem to have a death wish?
11 Cartoon characters "accidentally" grabbing boobs. - [FunnyOrDie]
Why kids should learn cursive. - [Time]
25 college courses based on television shows. - [MentalFloss]
8 drinks from college "bartenders". - [CollegeHumor]
The Thracian artefacts are more than 2,000 years old and just as pretty as the day they were buried.
Skyfall roars into theaters, despite the fact that it almost didn't get made. - [HollywoodReporter]
Stephen Spielberg = modern Shakespeare? - [Esquire]
Presenting an athlete style intervention. - [BleacherReport]
Watch Conan and Sarah Silverman corrupt a baby. - [TeamCoco]
Being an adult sucks. One day you wake up and your secret fort is too small.
The hype machine is kicking into overdrive. December 4th is nigh.
Warning: Some of these may cause frustration. Which leads to hate, which leads to suffering, which leads to the Dark Side.
Skill Level: Beginner
Need a bigger image? Print it out.
Skill Level: Beginner
Make your Falcon on the go by printing out the instructions.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Created by Origami Yoda, this doubles as a finger puppet!
Skill Level: Intermediate
This one takes some skill. Get the whole instruction pamphlet here as a PDF.
Bonus! It even has a dead-eyed porcelain doll staring into your soul.
Nobody liked it when Business Week got confused and thought it was Maxim. - [TheAtlanticWire]
Personal favorite. Star Wars represent!
These guys are exercising their right to bear arms.
Shockingly, the Romney face-tattoo guy has some regrets. - [ComedyCentral]
“Song of the Lonely Mountain” captures the sadness and determination of the Dwarves. However it has a different cadence than the version sung by the Dwarves in the film
Neil Finn's version for the end credits.
The version the Dwarves sing in the movie.
Everyone knows women can't be nerds. If it were up to men like Harris, women would have to take an exam proving their cred before graciously being allowed entrance to conventions.
There is a saying about biting the hand that feeds you. Tony Harris, two-time Eisner Award winner and veteran comic book illustrator, obviously hasn't heard of it. In a rant post to his Facebook page on Monday, November 12 (below), Harris launches into a tirade against women cosplayers.
While it should be shocking that a person in the industry would go out of their way to alienate and slut-shame half the human population, it isn't. So let's break down Mr. Harris' argument and figure out what he's trying to say.
What he said: