Articles on this Page
- 11/16/12--16:02: _Extreme Adventurers...
- 11/28/12--07:27: _Someone Mashed "The...
- 11/28/12--08:08: _Saturn's Terrifying...
- 11/28/12--10:08: _Terrifying Disney R...
- 11/28/12--11:25: _Taylor Swift's Twit...
- 11/28/12--12:59: _Bringing Sand Castl...
- 11/28/12--13:09: _Proof Jeremy Renner...
- 11/28/12--14:30: _Swiss Shepherd Adop...
- 11/29/12--08:12: _Movie Guns Replaced...
- 11/29/12--09:28: _If "Jurassic Park" ...
- 11/29/12--09:51: _"Marvel Mash-Up" Is...
- 11/29/12--12:13: _Entrance To Hades D...
- 11/29/12--12:29: _The Most Accurate G...
- 11/29/12--14:15: _Christopher Lee Rea...
- 11/30/12--08:03: _The Most Expensive ...
- 11/30/12--09:34: _This Orchestra Of D...
- 11/30/12--12:53: _The Hubble Advent C...
- 11/30/12--13:01: _Maria Von Trapp Cas...
- 11/30/12--14:30: _The Pixar Lamp Is REAL
- 11/30/12--14:36: _4 New Stills Releas...
- 11/16/12--16:02: Extreme Adventurers And Other Weekend Links
- 11/28/12--07:27: Someone Mashed "The Hobbit" Trailer With "The Goonies"
- 11/28/12--08:08: Saturn's Terrifying Superstorm Tops The Morning Links
- 11/28/12--10:08: Terrifying Disney Robot Plays Catch With Guests
- 11/28/12--11:25: Taylor Swift's Twitter Is Kind Of Adorable
- 11/28/12--12:59: Bringing Sand Castles Into The 21st Century And Other Links
- 11/28/12--13:09: Proof Jeremy Renner Is Actually Grumpy Cat
- 11/28/12--14:30: Swiss Shepherd Adopts Abandoned Tiger Cubs
- 11/29/12--08:12: Movie Guns Replaced With Duck Hunter Zappers Tops The Morning Links
- 11/29/12--09:28: If "Jurassic Park" Met "Aliens"
- 11/29/12--09:51: "Marvel Mash-Up" Is Basically Animated "Robot Chicken"
- 11/29/12--12:13: Entrance To Hades Discovered And Other Links
- 11/29/12--12:29: The Most Accurate Grocery Store Map
- 11/29/12--14:15: Christopher Lee Reads "The Nightmare Before Christmas"
- 11/30/12--08:03: The Most Expensive LEGO Ever Tops The Morning Links
- 11/30/12--09:34: This Orchestra Of Desktop Monitors Might Give You Seizures
- 11/30/12--12:53: The Hubble Advent Calendar And Other Links
- 11/30/12--13:01: Maria Von Trapp Cast For "Sound Of Music" Remake
- 11/30/12--14:30: The Pixar Lamp Is REAL
- 11/30/12--14:36: 4 New Stills Released From "Iron Man 3"
While we're all working 9-5, these guys are kicking Nature right where it counts.
Photograph by Greg von Doersten
Photograph courtesy Camp 4 Collective
11 weirdly spelled English words, and how they got that way. - [MentalFloss]
There are 5 types of romantic comedy posters. - [CollegeHumor]
The results are predictably delightful. Going froward, Gandalf should narrate all movie adventures.
With wind speeds of 1,100 MPH, the storm rages inside Saturn's mysterious persistant hexagon cloud formation.
25 intense examples of movie tattoos. - [NextMovie]
The 20 strangest BFF's in sports. - [BleacherReport]
Oh, sure, it starts with throwing balls but it ends with throwing KNIVES.
Who knew? Between obligatory plugs of her own brand, Swift has managed to find a wry, self-deprecating humor.
Turrets and draw bridges are sooo over; it's all about emulating Escher these days.
Photo By: Calvin Seibert
Photo By: Calvin Seibert
The 25 most powerful authors in Hollywood. - [HollywoodReporter]
10 wars America fought in secret. - [TruTV]
10 things you might not know about Atari. - [MentalFloss]
If computer warnings existed in real life. Seriously, we need these. - [CollegeHumor]
The resemblance is downright unnerving.
Jeremy Renner did an amazing pictorial for Empire back when "Bourne Legacy" launched:
But wait! Something looks awfully familiar:
Look at him! Performing feats of climbing.
Just like a cat.
They're so cute and screechy! After their mom rejected them, the staff at the Sochi Zoo in Russia called on Talli to save the day!
Look How Much They Love Their Mom!
In this photo made Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012, white Swiss Shepherd dog, Talli, feeds orphaned tiger cubs and her own cubs in the Oktyabrsky Zoo in the Black Sea resort of Sochi, southern Russia. Three tiger cubs were born in the Oktyabrsky Zoo in Sochi on Nov. 14. Two male cubs, named Olymp and Dar and one female cub Talli, named after her adoptive mother, were abandoned by their birth mother, tigress Bagira. This is not the first time that Bagira has refused to feed her newborns.
Image by AP Photo / AP
Still better than walkie-talkies.
Sundance just unveiled their 2013 film festival line-up. - [HollywoodReporter]
A look back at the 50 biggest stars that shone in sports in 2012. - [BleacherReport]
The only thing scarier than a Xenomorph Queen is a Tyrannosaurus Xenomorph Queen. Using fan art as storyboards, let's plot this film!
Chill, it's just a Veggiesaurus. It only murders for fun, not food.
Oh come on! They already spit poison. This is just overkill.
I dare you to dig through her poop to find out why she's cranky. I. Dare. You.
Must go faster.
And that's just fine. Listening to Doctor Doom declare himself a “playa” might be one of the most surreal things in comic history.
Before the doorway to “hell” collapsed, killing everyone inside, hundreds of Paleolithic people called the cave village home.
An Archaeologist tags centuries of pilgrimages and burials that may go as far back in history as Neanderthals.
Awwww yisssss. Hugh Jackman might sign on to be be in X-Men: Future Past. - [HollywoodReporter]
33 healthy(er) ways to satisfy your sweet tooth. - [Greatist]
Who said 5th grade cartography was a useless week? Jeff tells it like it is.
Did you know the movie was based on poem? Burton wrote it back in 1982 while working for Disney.
Between the poem's inception in 1982 and its film release in 1993, Jack Skellington and his world went through different iterations. For years Disney wanted to turn Burton's idea into a short film or TV Christmas special but feared it was too scary for kids. By the time it made to the big screen under the Touchstone Films banner, plot elements had been added or changed. Like a game of "Spot The Differences", these are the ones I found:
• Jack becomes the King of Halloween Town
• Zero's nose changed from a glowing Jack'o'Lantern to Rudolph Red
• More holiday doors were added to the forest
• Sally subplot added, and with it, a love story to soften Jack's personality
• Jack goes from being jealous and anger at Santa to a more naive wonder
• Lock, Shock and Barrel kidnap Santa offscreen
• Santa Claus name changed to Sandy Claws
• Jack believes he is giving Santa a well deserved vacation instead of stealing his job
• Gumby and Pokey evil toys removed, presumably for copyright reasons
• Oogie Boogie subplot added, giving Jack a villain to fight
• When shot down by the military, Jack lands in the arms of a stone angel
• Jack is reinvigorated in his role as the King of Halloween and gets the girl, as opposed to continuing in his depression.
Did you notice any more differences? Leave them in the comments!
This extremely rare solid gold piece will cost you a cool $15,000.
Katie Holmes's new play makes its Broadway debut. Get a sneak peek and read the review! - [HollywoodReporter]
A yearend mega list chronicling the 100 dumbest injures in sports history. - [BleacherReport]
But it'll be worth it. Set to chiptune music, the two-minute video took a year to program and synchronizes over 30 systems.
Programmer North American took the chiptune song "She Was Captain Dark Down Weird" from Montreal artist Battle Lava and set it to some stunning visuals.
I wonder if they'll get this in time for the holidays on Chiron Beta Prime.
The name is Bond. Photoshopped Bond. - [PSDisasters]
They picked WHO!? Does Julie Andrews know?
Country music singer Carrie Underwood has been cast in the lead role for the NBC live remake of the classic musical. The special is set to air near the holiday in 2013.
Image by Jason Merritt / Getty Images
Oh my God, it's playing Peek-A-Boo! This is the lamp equivalent of a baby animal.
Created by Shanshan Zhou, Adam Ben-Dror, Joss Doggett, they named the Lamp Pinokio because obviously. Using six servos, a webcam, and customized computer code, Pinokio is aware of his environment and can express a dynamic range of behaviors.
Someone get Pixar on the line so we can mass produce these!