Articles on this Page
- 12/26/12--07:25: _Listen To The First...
- 12/26/12--08:10: _Joy Died When The '...
- 12/26/12--09:16: _The Top 10 Most Pir...
- 12/26/12--09:25: _Neil DeGrasse Tyson...
- 12/26/12--10:24: _Patrick Stewart Had...
- 12/26/12--12:27: _21 Irresistible Box...
- 12/27/12--07:18: _Russian Town So Col...
- 12/27/12--09:46: _25 Mind-Bogglingly ...
- 12/27/12--14:41: _4 Minutes Of Zombie...
- 12/28/12--08:47: _Stan Lee Turns 90, ...
- 12/28/12--12:11: _Most Read Wikipedia...
- 12/28/12--14:45: _Meme Alert! Pirate ...
- 12/28/12--15:05: _18 Astounding Hubbl...
- 12/31/12--10:29: _Donna's Favorite Bu...
- 01/02/13--07:43: _Why Four Day Weeken...
- 01/02/13--08:47: _Monty Python Sings ...
- 01/02/13--09:13: _This Is Not A Victo...
- 01/02/13--11:10: _Supercut: Every Sta...
- 01/02/13--13:07: _Watching Fireworks ...
- 01/02/13--14:30: _America Fails Spy D...
- 12/26/12--07:25: Listen To The First Song Recorded On The International Space Station
- 12/26/12--08:10: Joy Died When The '90s Died
- 12/26/12--09:16: The Top 10 Most Pirated TV Shows In 2012
- 12/26/12--09:25: Neil DeGrasse Tyson Tears Up The Dance Floor
- 12/26/12--10:24: Patrick Stewart Had The Most Adorable December
- 12/26/12--12:27: 21 Irresistible Boxer Puppies To Celebrate Boxing Day
- 12/27/12--07:18: Russian Town So Cold Boiling Water Instantly Turns To Snow
- 12/27/12--09:46: 25 Mind-Bogglingly Good Cosplays From 2012
- 12/27/12--14:41: 4 Minutes Of Zombie Rom-Com "Warm Bodies"
- 12/28/12--08:47: Stan Lee Turns 90, Terrible Photography Secret Revealed
- 12/28/12--12:11: Most Read Wikipedia Articles From Around The World In 2012
- 12/28/12--14:45: Meme Alert! Pirate Cat Is Purrfect
- 12/28/12--15:05: 18 Astounding Hubble Photos Released In 2012
- 12/31/12--10:29: Donna's Favorite Buzz Of 2012
- 01/02/13--07:43: Why Four Day Weekends Are Secretly Awful
- 01/02/13--08:47: Monty Python Sings About The Wonders Of Life
- 01/02/13--09:13: This Is Not A Victorian Lady
- 01/02/13--11:10: Supercut: Every Stan Lee Marvel Movie Cameo Ever
- 01/02/13--13:07: Watching Fireworks In Reverse Is Mesmerizing
- 01/02/13--14:30: America Fails Spy Drone Building 101
For the season, a Christmas Carol to the Earth. Jewel in the Night is an original song written by astronaut Chris Hadfield and was recorded on the ISS on Dec. 23, 2012.
Image by NASA, File / AP
International Space Station crew member Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield waves as he boards the Soyuz TMA-07M spacecraft at the Baikonur cosmodrome December 19, 2012. You can follow Commander Hadfield on Twitter for more ISS news.
Image by Pool / Reuters
Kids these days don't understand. Wait, wait, wait, so all this '90s nostalgia is just us feeling the cold breath of mortality on our necks?
And the winner(?) is… Did your favorite show rank high enough to end up on the list?
"Revolution" - 2,130,000 Downloads
"Fringe" - 2,280,000 Downloads
"House M.D." - 2,340,000 Downloads
"Homeland" - 2,400,000 Downloads
Astrophysicist. Gentleman. Dance King.
As if his Twitter feed wasn't reason enough to like him.
Sir Patrick Stewart has got this Twitter thing down to an art.
First he visited a familiar school.
Then he did this.
But the tropics are no place to spend Christmas, so he came home.
Then the lights were problematic.
Boxing Day has nothing to do with puppies. Unless you are giving puppies as gifts in which case, can I have one?
Baby, it's cold outside indeed. With temperatures hovering around -41, the hot water converts as soon as it hits the air.
For these talented geeks, costume design is more art than hobby. But the results are truly stunning.
Look at this fully operational cyberpunk suit.
And the hands on this amazing genderbent Jack Skellington.
It took NINE wigs to make the dreads for "Final Fantasy X" Shiva.
Behold this Tali cosplay from "Mass Effect 2", complete with only two fingers per hand.
Ever watched a zombie flick and wondered what goes on in the mind of the undead? Here's your chance to find out.
Following in the footsteps of Shaun of the Dead, the zombie romantic comedy gets its second entry. Third if you count Fido.
Nicholas Hoult plays R, the teen zombie shuffling through the
mall airport here. According to the plot synopsis, after snacking on the brains of a boy, R is overcome with love for his victim's female friend. Rescuing her from a zombie horde, he follows the girl back to the human settlement, intent on professing his love.
Stan Lee, what are you doing?! As Buzzfeed looked back at Lee's life, a dark truth emerged.
Stan Lee, born Stanley Martin Lieber, loved to smile in photos.
Even at age 10, Lee (left) had an adorable grin.
In 1942, he joined the Army to create manuals and slogans. And smile in his dapper uniform.
By 1947, he married the beautiful Joan Clayton Boocock, another reason to smile.
There is a serious lack of cats and porn in this post. Available in 40 languages, Wikipedia searches can highlight culture divides.
English speakers looked up Facebook 32,647,942 times. Whyyyyyyyy?
Meanwhile, the Japanese understood what the Internet is for, looking up the full list of local adult film stars 18,569,543 times.
For some reason, the Dutch were super interested in Hua Shan, a mountain in Shaanxi, China. It had 12,719,284 views.
And in Russia, the top visited Wikipedia article was Russia with 3,682,191 visitors.
A ball a yarn and a bottle a catnip be all a cat could want.
The universe is beautiful and terrifying.
Astronomers using NASA's Hubble Space Telescope have photographed a festive-looking nearby planetary nebula called NGC 5189. The intricate structure of this bright gaseous nebula resembles a glass-blown holiday ornament with a glowing ribbon entwined.
Image by Nasa / Reuters
This composite image of a portion of the Tarantula Nebula's central cavity illustrates the profound effect new stars can have on their environment. The young stars are acting something like cosmic, decidedly non-eco-friendly light bulbs. Each star cranks out a dazzlingly high wattage in the form of optical and ultraviolet (UV) radiation.
About 300 million light-years away, only four of these five galaxies are actually locked in a cosmic dance of repeated close encounters. The odd man out is easy to spot, though. The interacting galaxies have an overall yellowish cast. But the predominantly bluish galaxy is closer, just 40 million light-years distant, and isn't part of the interacting group.
This galaxy is having a bad millennium. In fact, the past 100 million years haven't been so good, and probably the next billion or so will be quite tumultuous. The upper left galaxy used to be a normal spiral galaxy, minding its own business, until the one toward its right, crashed into it.
It was a strange and wonderful year. This is an incomplete list because no one wants to read “Every Post Donna Laughed At And/Or Enjoyed In 2012”.
This photo from Mars.
Taken by the Curiosity rover, these are the clearest images every taken of another planet.
This malfunctioning cat.
And 23 other completely unexplainable GIFS.
Learning the high-five wasn't invented until 1977.
There are a lot of things you never knew about everyday inventions. Go read 20 of them.
This DARPA robot which is surely not evolving to kill us all.
DARPA was only one of 27 science fictions that became fact this year, but they're probably the most terrifying.
Much less two in a row! Happy 2013! Welcome back to the grind.
When you realize you have to go back to work today.
When you finish getting ready and are still not awake.
When you're trying to commute to the office.
When you have to wait in line for the elevator.
The odds of you existing are astronomically low. The BBC certainly knows how to make a commercial.
Eric Idle, one of the founding members of Monty Python, was approached by the BBC to rewrite his classic "Galaxy Song" to have a biology slant. Idle agreed, and also sings the newly minted version in the BBC trailer.
The original song, which appeared in Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life is below.
It's F. Scott Fitzgerald in drag. He was the prettiest girl in the show.
The photos were taken in 1916 to help promote The Evil Eye at Princeton's Triangle Club. Fitzgerald was in his third year at Princeton when the musical-comedy troupe performed the bawdy lyrics penned by the future Great Gatsby writer.
In a review of his performance, the Times referred to Fitzgerald as "the most beautiful" girl in the whole production.
Below: F. Scott Fitzgerald with his wife, Zelda.
For thirteen years, the man behind Marvel has stealthily graced the silver screen.
The pinpricks of light look like dancing stars. The footage was shot and reversed by Julian Tay in Melbourne, Australia.
Make it bigger and more noticeable! How are we supposed to gather intelligence on the enemy if they can't spot us a mile away and start acting suspicious?
Meet the MAV surveillance drone, former cutting edge spy tech.
Image by Erik De Castro / Reuters
He looks really familiar.
But is not exactly a master of stealthy infiltration. WE CAN SEE YOU!
Image by Erik De Castro / Reuters
So America decided a new drone was in order. Enter the Argus One.