Articles on this Page
- 07/31/12--10:01: _Everything You Need...
- 07/31/12--12:48: _If Niagara Falls Ho...
- 07/31/12--12:57: _Frank Miller's "Dar...
- 07/31/12--13:32: _Working Electric Wh...
- 07/31/12--14:30: _First Look! "Game O...
- 08/01/12--08:00: _Victoria Beckham Co...
- 08/01/12--08:59: _Ninjas: They're Jus...
- 08/01/12--10:33: _Amazing Posters For...
- 08/01/12--12:56: _Backseat Driver Cat...
- 08/01/12--13:23: _Is Dubstep Just Gen...
- 08/01/12--14:58: _"Doctor Who" Promo ...
- 08/02/12--08:01: _Mila Kunis And Asht...
- 08/02/12--11:36: _Disney Same-Sex Ser...
- 08/02/12--12:35: _Summer Sports You'l...
- 08/02/12--13:27: _Speedo Goes High Fa...
- 08/03/12--07:56: _Miley Cyrus Tweets ...
- 08/03/12--10:41: _3-D Printer Gives T...
- 08/03/12--12:27: _Baby Elephant Makes...
- 08/03/12--14:28: _July 2012 Events Ex...
- 08/03/12--14:35: _Death By Soda Can
- 07/31/12--10:01: Everything You Need To Know About James Bond In One GIF
- 07/31/12--12:48: If Niagara Falls Hosted A Rave And Other Links
- 07/31/12--12:57: Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns" Gets Animated
- 07/31/12--13:32: Working Electric Wheelchair Made Of LEGOs
- 07/31/12--14:30: First Look! "Game Of Thrones" Leaks Riverrun Set
- 08/01/12--08:00: Victoria Beckham Covers Glamour Sans Pants Tops The Morning Links
- 08/01/12--08:59: Ninjas: They're Just Like Us
- 08/01/12--10:33: Amazing Posters For Video Game Movies That Don't Exist
- 08/01/12--12:56: Backseat Driver Cat And Other Links
- 08/01/12--13:23: Is Dubstep Just Genius Avant Garde?
- 08/01/12--14:58: "Doctor Who" Promo Picture Does Not Bode Well
- 08/02/12--11:36: Disney Same-Sex Series: Love Is The Answer
- 08/02/12--12:35: Summer Sports You'll Actually Play And Other Links
- 08/02/12--13:27: Speedo Goes High Fashion For The Olympics
- 08/03/12--07:56: Miley Cyrus Tweets Tiny Waist Tops The Morning Links
- 08/03/12--10:41: 3-D Printer Gives Toddler "Magic" Arms
- 08/03/12--12:27: Baby Elephant Makes Friends With Birds And Other Links
- 08/03/12--14:28: July 2012 Events Explained Via Facebook And Other Weekend Links
- 08/03/12--14:35: Death By Soda Can
BAMF. Need more? Go watch the trailer.
Ooooo, pretty lights! Plus, Harry Potter turns 32 today and Olympic fever can't trump physical limits.
Niagara Falls are lit up in neon colours during a light show.
Picture: RAJEEV NAIR / CATERS NEWS
11 facts about Harry Potter to celebrate his 32nd birthday. - [MentalFloss]
Cremation urns shouldn't be this creepy. - [Oddee]
Safety rules for the pool, the elevator, the bathroom and more. - [CollegeHumor]
Today was a great day for once in a lifetime photos. - [Telegraph]
Fans of The Dark Knight Rises will see a lot of parallels. Nolan was obviously a fan of Miller's work.
Get More: MTV Shows
More or less expensive than a regular electric wheelchair you think? Congrats to Simon Burfield for creating the world's first LEGO wheelchair!
According to Simon's YouTube page:
Currently still a prototype, the LEGO Wheelchair can move a 90kg person.
It uses 6 NXT's to drive 12 NXT motors (2 per NXT for maximum power output) which are connected to 12 Rotacaster multi-directional wheels. Using these wheels will later allow for side to side movement(strafing).
There is a master NXT which controls the 6 NXT via turning on/off touch sensors. The joystick is connected to 4 touch sensors to determine direction (forward, backwards, turn left, turn right).
The master NXT then turns 2 motors (left / right side) different directions which turn on / off 12 touch sensors (2 per NXT for backwards / forwards).
Special thanks to LEGO and Rotacaster.com.au for supporting this project.
Simon's wife does the test driving in his videos and the next upgrade will include remote control via any Android device. You can see a step by step photo guide over on his Flickr stream.
Family, Duty, Honor. House Tully finally gets their due in Season 3 of Game of Thrones.
For those not familiar with GRRM's novels but are familiar with the show, Riverrun is the House Seat of the Tully family. So far we've met Catelyn Stark (Née Tully) and her breast feeding sister Lysa Arryn (Née Tully).
Bran notes their sigil as a fish during his infodump genealogy lesson in Season One and the Tully House words: Family, Duty, Honor.
So far HBO has announced casting for several long awaited members of the family, including Clive Russell as Cat's wayward uncle Brynden and Tobias Menzies as the youngest Tully, Edmure. No announcement yet as to who will play patriarch Hoster.
Doesn't everyone dress like that to shop? Plus the original Catwoman's take on Nolan's Batman and you don't need legs to mountain climb.
One man isn't going to let a little thing like having no legs stop him from mountain climbing. - [DailyMail]
Everyone can relate to these events. Especially the cat one.
Why would you taunt us like this? To be fair, two of these are actually in various stages of productions right now. But that doesn't mean they'll see the light of day.
While I'm not entirely sure where Joey from Geek Tyrant got this collection of wicked fan posters, they definitely make me long for more (re: any) quality game to movie adaptations.
Also, if you know who Photoshopped any of these posters, let me know in the comments so I can give credit where it's due! (UPDATE! Thanks to RoboPanda I've been able to credit all images.)
Keep your eyes on the road, you're gonna get us all killed! Plus an invasion of teddy bears and let's mash-up Julia Childs with Guns'N'Roses.
An argument for why making music sound like dying robots is actually crazy hard. Wub wub wub, bitches.
What does PBS want you to think of when you hear dubstep? Italian futurists of course. Over 80 years ago, the fringes of the musical community were experimenting with the concept of machines as musicians and noise as music.
In fact, they argue that dubstep is not only awesome but without nearly a century of priming, our ears wouldn't even hear it the same way:
Dubstep. Is. Awesome. While some people may hear noise, we hear
amazing musical genius. The aural creativity of Dubstep, and its
embrace of inharmonic sounds, makes it the most recent member of the
long-established Avant Garde community. There is a long history of
avant garde musicians and thinkers promoting the concept of noise and
non-instrumental sounds as MUSIC, much to the horror of their
audience. But over the past century, changes in technology and music
genres have primed listeners, allowing mainstream audiences to enjoy
the beautiful noise of Skrillex, Bassnectar & the whole Dubstep
Spoilers, spoilers everywhere. Seriously do not click if you want your Series Seven unspoiled.
This image was leaked by the Who team in preparation for the trailer release tomorrow at 6AM U.K time or 1AM EST.
Hat tip to Bleeding Cool.
All the protestations in the world can't compete with photographic evidence. Plus Miley Cyrus is topless again and Nicole Kidman's latest movie includes a really raunchy scene.
Miley is just being Miley...topless...again. - [TheSuperficial]
D'awwww, they all look so happy. Rodolfo Loaiza gives some iconic Disney characters an orientation make-over.
Every summer, without fail. Also, Jerry Springer takes on the bronies and the New Zealand held a really weird beauty contest.
Jerry Springer has angered the bronies. This could get ugly. - [GammaSquad]
Presenting the “Unity” dress. Who knew upcycling had made its way into haute couture?
Fashion label From Somewhere joined forces with Speedo to turn old swimsuits into an Olympic worthy symbol.
The designers worked using the theme of water because "...water belongs to us all," according to Orsola de Castro. The dress is made up of the national colors from many countries including Great Britain, Israel, Australia, Japan, Spain, Germany, the Netherlands, and the United States.
Photos courtesy of eCouterre.
In Liam's pants no less. Plus Jackson family drama continues and one Chick-Fil-A is going rogue.
Hugh Jackman looks like a hobo on the set of the Wolverine sequel. - [TheSuperficial]
Not all sharks are bad sharks, you guys. - [TheDailyBeast]
Humanity check! If this doesn't make you tear up, please report to the nearest android assessment center.
Emma was born with arthrogryposis multiplex congenita which a rare birth defect of unknown origin. It is characterized by multiple permanent shortenings of muscles, joints or both.
In Emma's case her legs were able to be casted to "normal" which meant a long process of stretching her legs to their current limits and then putting them in a cast to keep them in place and repeating the process multiple times. However, her arms did not respond to treatment and it was feared she's never be able to lift her hands to her face.
Then her parents found the researchers at Delaware hospital, and thanks to cutting edge technology, were able to help Emma use her magic arms.
Let's end the week on an adorable note. Also, the diminishing returns on breaking world records and Mario has a dark secret.
It was a weird month. Plus cartoon characters that would be horrifying if they were real and fish can get skin cancer now. Yay?
Watch this insane volleyball kick that saved Brazil's play. - [BleacherReport]
12 bizarre photos of people crammed into unusual spaces. - [Flavorwire]
One of the most creative zombie make-up SFX I've seen. Warning: Fake gore.