Articles on this Page
- 08/15/13--09:22: _11 Fictional Men Bo...
- 08/15/13--13:57: _A Comprehensive Siz...
- 08/16/13--10:12: _14 Subjects Disney ...
- 08/16/13--13:47: _It's A Crime Agains...
- 08/19/13--08:58: _24 Ways The Future ...
- 08/19/13--12:26: _6 Theories About J....
- 08/20/13--11:16: _16 Unique And Aweso...
- 08/21/13--07:22: _11 Burning Night Va...
- 08/21/13--09:40: _10 Obscenely Expens...
- 08/21/13--12:35: _Gotham Gears Re-Ima...
- 08/22/13--10:49: _6 Pictures That Pro...
- 08/23/13--08:32: _10 Reasons Humans A...
- 08/26/13--08:03: _Dark Horse Comics I...
- 08/26/13--12:31: _15 Ways To Blend In...
- 08/27/13--11:49: _These "Game Of Thro...
- 08/28/13--08:07: _22 Reasons Everyone...
- 08/28/13--09:11: _Turns Out A Scrunch...
- 08/28/13--13:52: _Learn The Alphabet ...
- 08/29/13--11:49: _25 Moments Of Tumbl...
- 08/29/13--13:14: _What If Disney Prin...
- 08/15/13--09:22: 11 Fictional Men Born To Sell Hair Care Products
- 08/15/13--13:57: A Comprehensive Size Comparison Of (Almost) Everything
- 08/16/13--10:12: 14 Subjects Disney Taught You Better Than School Did
- 08/20/13--11:16: 16 Unique And Awesome Bookshelves For Every Budget
- 08/21/13--07:22: 11 Burning Night Vale Questions Answered By Cecil
- 08/21/13--09:40: 10 Obscenely Expensive His And Her "Game Of Thrones" House Rings
- 08/21/13--12:35: Gotham Gears Re-Imagines Batman Universe As Cyberpunk Mechs
- 08/22/13--10:49: 6 Pictures That Prove Hogwarts Is Real
- 08/23/13--08:32: 10 Reasons Humans Are The Scariest Aliens
- 08/26/13--08:03: Dark Horse Comics Is Resurrecting Joss Whedon's "Firefly"
- 08/26/13--12:31: 15 Ways To Blend In According To "Star Trek" Aliens
- 08/28/13--08:07: 22 Reasons Everyone Should Love "Galaxy Quest"
- 08/28/13--13:52: Learn The Alphabet With Expletive-Laced Harry Potter Flash Cards
- 08/29/13--11:49: 25 Moments Of Tumblr Serendipity
- 08/29/13--13:14: What If Disney Princesses Were Magazine Cover Models?
Proof positive beauty campaigns need more dudes. So. Beautiful.
Severus Snape for L'Oréal Hogwarts.
Jon Snow knows nothing, except how to get perfect hair.
Loki: Even gods need help to shine.
L'Oréal presents He Who Must Not Be Named in an avant-garde campaign.
There’s big and then there’s Godzilla. Artist Lexinator thoroughly researched the size over 40 fictional and extinct creatures (and elephants) to create this expansive guide.
Left to right: Woman, Man, Mass Effect Krogan, Starcraft Zealot, Halo Elite, Starship Troopers Warrior Bug, Halo Brute, Gears of War Berserker, Bioshock Handyman, Halo Hunter, Starcraft Hydralisk, Elephant, Final Fantasy Chocobo, King Kong, Tyrannosaurus Rex
*Blue whale flying above
Left to right: Halo Mantis, Star Wars AT-ST, Star Wars Rancor, Transformers Optimus Prime, Lord of the Rings Balrog, Lord of the Rings Treebeard, Halo Elephant
Left to right: Skyrim Dragon, Gears of War Brumak, Brachiosaurus, Star Wars AT-AT, World of Warcraft Deathwing, Starcraft Ultralisk
Left to right (compared to the Sydney Opera House): War of the Worlds Tripod, Ghostbusters Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, The Mayflower, Star Wars Millennium Falcon, Statue of Liberty, Space Shuttle, Cloverfield Monster, Colossal Titan
Who says being raised by the television was a bad thing? We’ve got this.
Mattel is missing out on an obvious cash-in. These shoes are wasted as mere doll accessories.
These flawless golden boots.
These grown-up jellies.
These killer webbed boots.
These Valentine wedges.
The Osaka Expo teased a future of misty buildings and electric trees. Instead we got smartphones and tablets. Total rip-off.
Aerial view of the Osaka Expo '70.
Osaka Expo entrance, guarded by the Tower of the Sun.
Close-up of the Tower of the Sun.
Toshibia-IHI Pavilion went balls to the wall with retro-futurism.
Abrams’ production company Bad Robot tweeted a trailer for Stranger that gives tantalizing few plot details. Which means let the rampant speculation begin!
Horror based gender-bending Twelfth Night.
Shakespeare's classic tale starts with a woman shipwrecked on shore in a foreign land where for safety reasons it's better to just pretend to be a dude, leading to a comedy of errors. Perhaps in this version, a man washes up on shore and must pretend to be a demonic cult worshiper.
Probability: Hahaha no. But we can dream.
Star Wars: Episode VII
It opens with stars. Stars equal space. Space equals Star Wars. It's a long shot, especially considering how deep in the Extended Universe lore you have to go to find anyone with lips sewn shut, but it's not impossible.
Probability: Infinitesimally small.
Count of Monte Cristo remake.
A guy in vague period clothing washed up on a beach with what appears to be broken rope restraints? A narration about the loss of everything? Fabulous hair? All signs point to Alexandre Dumas classic tale right up until that pesky creepy skinhead.
Probability: Cloudy with a chance of not likely.
A new interpretation of Jekyll & Hyde.
Perhaps this is an existential trailer about becoming lost in your own mind, erased by your own chemical imbalance and reborn as a man who's hobbies include moonlit walks on the beach and sewing.
Probability: Good. No, bad. No, good. No, bad...
Shelves should show off your personality as much as the books on them.
Literal Floating Bookshelf - $36.00
Ascending Book Bookshelf - $34.00
Steampunk Piping Bookshelf - $74.99
Guitar Case Bookshelf and Cork Board - $75.00
In the most characteristically ambiguous way possible. Radio host Cecil — aka the writers behind Welcome to Night Vale , the most popular podcast in America — sat down to talk about everything from glowing clouds to dragons running for mayor.
That's a great question. Mostly human, we think.
Tell us more about these dogs and what you know about them. Speak directly into the brand-new lamp on your nightstand that was there when you woke up. It contains no hidden microphones.
If you’ve got it, flaunt it. Custom jewelry Gemvara created jewelry fit for any of the noble Houses of the Seven Kingdoms.
As if the Dark Knight and his villains weren’t scary enough already. Artist Justin Currie not only created a look for this universe, he was kind enough to write character bios.
A prototype Gear of unknown origin, Batman possesses a genius-level intellect combined with a mastery of combat, stealth, and hacking.
The Joker Gear runs on a damaged energy core, constantly leaking radiation which causes other machines in close proximity to malfunction. He wears an ancient piece of clothing allegedly worn by the Original Joker while also augmenting himself with souvenirs from his victims.
Mr. Freeze and The Penguin
The Freeze Gear is powered by a collection of self-designed cold fusion cells. The extraordinarily long lasting power source allows Freeze to emit a cold temperature pulse capable of causing malfunctions in nearby machinery but makes it difficult for the Gear to function in above freezing internal temperatures.
Built on framework of complex gears and hydraulics, the Penguin Gear runs on unknown software and hardware. His unique alloy makes him immune to electrical interference or hacking but rust easily, explaining his perpetuance for umbrellas.
Bane and Catwoman
The Bane Gear is a tactical strategist with unparalleled strength. While he is mostly invulnerable to concussion attacks, he is susceptible to piercing blows especially if vulnerable while replenishing the rare hydraulic V.E.N. fluid that oils his cogs.
A lighter, more delicate build, the Catwoman Gear excels at stealth, speed, and precision tasks. With a second set of smaller hands for disarming alarms and retractable tail whips for ranged attacks, her major weakness lies in her inability to take a hit.
One more reason to resent never getting an acceptance letter. Tumblr user R U Thunderstorms posted dichotomous photographs of stills from the film on top of their location at The Cloisters at Gloucester Cathedral.
There’s a logical explanation as to why alien life avoids Earth. We are absolutely terrifying.
The question is, “Where is Serenity?” Over ten years after the show was canceled, the cult hit still has one of the biggest fan bases in fiction and that loyalty will be rewarded.
On Friday, August 23rd, Dark Horse quietly released the above graphic to their website along with this teaser of a press release:
Joss Whedon's beloved Firefly series and Serenity film's lifespan may have been short-lived, but managed to produce one of the most dedicated fanbases in the history of modern science fiction. Dark Horse is proud to be able to keep Mal and his crew flying with new comics and products. Look for the hashtag #WheresSerenity over the next few months on our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages for exclusive news on the future of the franchise at Dark Horse!
Over the years, the crew of the Serenity have starred in several comic books — all by Dark Horse — but all have been mini-series, one-shots, or short stories in lieu of an on-going monthly series. Is that about to change? It certainly seems that way. And if there is one thing Firefly fans are good at, it's clinging to hope.
Humans are suspicious but easy to trick! Make sure you follow these tips to have a hassle-free time traveling experience.
Invest in some quality hats. Humans love hats.
Knitting is a logical, orderly hobby to help augment your hat collection.
Consider a dapper fedora. Humans will be dazzled into overlooking your exposed ears.
If you leave home without a hat, a hasty cowl* will suffice.
*Deflect any and all invitations to lead a human cult.
George R.R. Martin, you wanton seductress. When Teshara noticed something amiss with their copy of A Feast For Crows they knew the best response was screencaps for posterity.
If you don’t love this movie, sorry, but you’re wrong. It has everything: Tim Allen with a mullet, Alan Rickman in an alien skullcap, and Sigourney Weaver with Farrah Fawcett hair.
Galaxy Quest is half science-fiction parody, half meta documentary.
It had the most amazing cast, including:
• Sigourney "Get Away From Her You Bitch" Weaver as Gwen DeMarco as Lt. Tawny Madison (Uhura/Chapel/Token Female).
• Tim "The Toolman Santa" Allen as Jason Nesmith as Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart (Kirk).
• Alan "Always" Rickman as Alexander Dane as Dr. Lazarus of Tev'Meck (Spock).
• Tony "OCD Should Be CDO" Shalhoub as Fred Kwan as Tech Sgt. Chen (Scotty).
• Sam "President Of The Galaxy" Rockwell as Guy Fleegman as a redshirt.
• Daryl "He Looks Familiar IMDB Him" Mitchell as Tommy Webber as Lt. Laredo (Sulu/Wesley Crusher).
Also, it had Rainn Wilson as an alien fanboy.
Finally a use for all those hair ties leftover from your ’90s nostalgia binge buy! The folks over at Kotaku stumbled upon this fantastic Japanese trend.
N is for Neville: Badass Snake Killer. Tumblr user Harry Potter’s Mum nailed it.
Sometimes the dashboard gives you a gift. And gifts are meant to be shared.