Articles on this Page
- 08/10/12--12:00: _Meme Alert! One-Up ...
- 08/11/12--11:17: _NASA Project Morphe...
- 08/10/12--14:37: _11 Examples Of Supe...
- 08/13/12--08:01: _Disturbing Revelati...
- 08/13/12--09:03: _10 Lovely Photos Fr...
- 08/13/12--12:31: _"Avengers" Chinese ...
- 08/13/12--15:16: _Luna Lovegood Goes ...
- 08/14/12--08:01: _The Wide World Of M...
- 08/14/12--09:03: _First Look! "Seven ...
- 08/14/12--09:41: _"Star Wars 1313" Ai...
- 08/14/12--10:00: _Team Fortress 2 Is ...
- 08/14/12--12:12: _Disappointing Video...
- 08/14/12--15:13: _"Great Expectations...
- 08/15/12--07:59: _China's Unique Urba...
- 08/15/12--10:05: _If "Resident Evil" ...
- 08/15/12--10:17: _Curiosity Captures ...
- 08/15/12--12:46: _Concept Art From Ne...
- 08/15/12--13:48: _Meet Ridiculously P...
- 08/15/12--14:41: _Clip From New "Toy ...
- 08/16/12--08:04: _Manipulating Photos...
- 08/10/12--12:00: Meme Alert! One-Up America And Other Links
- 08/11/12--11:17: NASA Project Morpheus Goes Up In Flames And Other Weekend Links
- 08/10/12--14:37: 11 Examples Of Super-Heroine Eye Art
- 08/13/12--09:03: 10 Lovely Photos From The Perseid Meteor Shower
- 08/13/12--12:31: "Avengers" Chinese Bootleg Subtitles Are Gold And Other Links
- 08/13/12--15:16: Luna Lovegood Goes To The "Hunger Games"
- 08/14/12--08:01: The Wide World Of Microscopic Sand Tops The Morning Links
- 08/14/12--09:03: First Look! "Seven Psychopaths" Trailer
- 08/14/12--09:41: "Star Wars 1313" Ain't Your Daddy's Coruscant
- 08/14/12--10:00: Team Fortress 2 Is Forcing Red And Blue To Work Together
- 08/14/12--12:12: Disappointing Video Game Facts And Other Links
- 08/14/12--15:13: "Great Expectations" Trailer Drops; Is Delightfully Crazy
- 08/15/12--07:59: China's Unique Urban Villas Top The Morning Links
- 08/15/12--10:05: If "Resident Evil" Ran Political Ads
- 08/15/12--10:17: Curiosity Captures Panoramic Martian Sunrise
- 08/15/12--12:46: Concept Art From Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" Movie And Other Links
- 08/15/12--13:48: Meet Ridiculously Photogenic Syrian Rebel
- 08/15/12--14:41: Clip From New "Toy Story" Short Featuring Rex
- 08/16/12--08:04: Manipulating Photos Before Photoshop Tops The Morning Links
'Murrica, go big or go big! Also, bats get a bad rap and Austrian newspapers need better Photoshop skills.
Check out the 17 most popular websites of 2012. - [HuffingtonPost]
Literally. Plus, 5 mysteries science can't explain and 12 supernatural tv shows from the '90s.
The low-cost Project Morpheus lander prototype, designed to carry cargo to the moon and other space destinations, lifted off the ground successfully but then failed its first autonomous free-flight test. Fire crews rushed to extinguish the flames of Morpheus, large enough to carry 1,100 pounds of cargo to the moon, such as a humanoid robot, a small rover or a small laboratory to convert moon dust to oxygen.A hardware component failure, which prevented it from maintaining stable flight, was to blame, NASA said.
5 mysteries science still can't solve. - [Tecca]
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...a flying baby? - [Flavorwire]
Inspiring comic book eye art you can actually recreate at home. Because the office frowns on full body cosplay.
Dawnielle, or Siryn as she goes by on her website, is a consummate geek. She loves anime, video games, comic books, and steampunk. And make-up. With hard work and some creativity she's been able to combine these loves into a successful blog and burgeoning career.
As a costume designer, you can see her work in Castle or the movie Paul or at the amazing yearly Labyrinth of Jareth Masquerade Ball. (Seriously, click that link if you were a child of the '80s).
The best part about Siryn is she actually tells you how to recreate any of her designs. Like a particular superheroine? Click the link to find out exactly what products to get, or give you a jumping off point to make it your own.
Children ripped from their families and brutally trained to bring home the gold. Plus, the death toll from Iran's earthquakes continues to climb and, to end on a light note, the Delorean hovercraft is real now.
Just because it happens every August doesn't mean it gets old. We've been admiring the debris of the Swift-Tuttle comet for over 2000 years.
This long exposure shows stars in the night sky during the Perseid meteor shower near Mitzpe Ramon in the Negev Desert, southern Israel, Sunday, Aug. 12, 2012.
Image by Ariel Schalit / AP
Taken at Mount Teide National Park in the Canary Islands on August 11, 2012.
Photo By: Roberto Porto
A meteor (top) streaks past stars in the night sky above Lake Geneva and the Mont-Blanc, at the Mont-Tendre near Montricher in the Jura, north of Geneva, late August 10, 2012.
Image by DENIS BALIBOUSE / Reuters
Taken in Cave City, Arkansas on August 11, 2012
Photo By: Jeff Rose
Can we officially change Loki's name to Rocky? Plus dinosaurs you never knew existed and the nanny state on junk food is actually working.
.....and that's what really happened at Roswell. - [CollegeHumor]
Are you Team Bolt or Team Phelps. No, both is not an acceptable answer. - [SportsIllustrated]
This is a cross-over that needs to happen. Evanna Lynch is the living embodiment of belonging to multiple fandoms.
Evanna Lynch, who played the off-beat Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter films, showed off her love of the Capitol (if not of pants) during LeakyCon 2012.
LeakyCon is an annual gathering of Potter fans. Since 2009 it has been hosted by a different city each year. Lynch wore her Katniss cosplay during the opening ceremony to the 2012 con in Chicago, Illinois. There are more photos over at HungerGamesFandom.Net!
There's a veritable cornucopia of variety right under your feet. Plus, Facebook caves under censorship accusations and the founder of Crocs got arrested.
The dog kidnapping business is freakin' dangerous. Christopher Walken, Colin Farrell, and Sam Rockwell really shouldn't have taken Woody Harrelson's Shih Tzu.
If you're looking for another glossy Jedi game, keep on moving. LucasArts is about to get gritty with a look at what life is like for regular guys with guns.
For those not in the know, Coruscant isn't just home to the Jedi Council as seen in the prequels, it's also an ancient city built on top of itself. While the movies focus on the veneer of the rich living in the sunny top layers, the extended universe dives down into the seedy underbelly. Which is where LucasArts new game takes place.
Star Wars: 1313 follows a (still unnamed) bounty hunter into the bowels the planet. It's rumored to be gunning for a "M" for Mature rating to disavow the concept Star Wars has slide into sanitized, family friendly fodder.
“Mann Vs. Machine” turns the basic premise of the game on its head.
According to Valve's press release:
Mann vs. Machine is a new co-operative game for Team Fortress 2 that lets you and five friends wage a desperate battle to stop a lethal horde of robots from deploying a bomb in one of Mann Co.’s many strongholds. Take advantage of breaks between waves to upgrade your abilities and weapons. Survive all the waves in any of a variety of missions to earn incredible loot.
The folks over at The Escapist have an easy to digest break-down of the 5000 piece ARG campaign detailing the storyline behind the new mode.
How did that game outsell Metroid? Plus, really really bad amateur pin-up photos and new ways to get your caffeine fix.
The best-selling Metroid game ever is Metroid Prime. Luigi’s Mansion outsold it by about 1 million copies.
Despite the recent scandal, experts doubt Penn State will lose its accreditation. - [SportsIllustrated]
15 creative ways to get your daily caffeine fix. - [Greatist]
Someone broke into Steve Jobs home and stole over $60k worth of stuff. - [HollywoodReporter]
Helena Bonham Carter only plays one type of character. With each new film based on Charles Dickens work, it becomes clear he kind of hated humanity.
You'll never guess where this house is situated. Plus, find out which professions drink the most coffee and if Google Earth just uncovered lost pyramids.
Wildfires blazed across Washington state, destroying over 60 homes. - [HuffingtonPost]
These 15 professions drink the most coffee. - [TheChive]
Would you prefer your streets to run red with blood…or communism? President Bedford has the brains Washington needs…tasty, tasty brains.
Is anyone else constantly surprised by how Earth-like everything looks? Of course, what else would it look like?
To me, the most surreal thing about the plethora of images being beamed back to Earth from a distant planet is how normal everything appears. As in, if you weren't told this was Mars, you'd just think it was a boring photo of a flat piece of Earth desert.
This photo comes from an image Curiosity took on August 14, 2012 and is part of a 360 degree panorama on 360cities.net. Be sure to to click through and check it out. You can rotate the camera and zoom in and out of the shot, making it the closest you'll probably get to actually looking at Mars with your own eyes.
Don't get excited, the studios already turned the pitch down. Also, CIA plots that are stranger than fiction and all the things you didn't get around to this summer.
Hey girl. Nothing sexier than fighting the oppression of tyranny.
This photo of a Free Syrian Army fighter was taken by Khalil Hamra near Idlib, Syria on June 15th, 2012. The shot was captured during a clash with Syrian military troops. Somehow it took nearly two months for the unknown man to saunter into the Internet's heart. But he's here now.
And the memeification has already begun.
Little arms are far superior to no arms. Partysaurus Rex will premiere with the re-release of Finding Nemo 3D on September 14th.
I wonder what the Victorian version of, “This looks shopped,” was. Plus, Stan Lee did an AMA on Reddit and cougarettes are the new cougar.
For the first time in history, America finally beat Mexico at soccer on their home turf. - [SportsIllustrated]
Amanda Bynes is looking rough. Really, really rough. - [TheSuperficial]