Articles on this Page
- 08/30/13--10:36: _12 Things Young Par...
- 08/30/13--13:55: _Which Version Of Sh...
- 09/03/13--07:40: _19 Delightfully Mac...
- 09/03/13--08:38: _"Game Of Hearts" Tu...
- 09/03/13--14:52: _20 Most Adorable Su...
- 09/04/13--07:48: _That Time The Voice...
- 09/04/13--13:07: _Can You Get Through...
- 09/05/13--09:36: _J. D. Salinger Expl...
- 09/05/13--11:22: _"Game Of Thrones" S...
- 09/06/13--08:08: _19 Essential Miyaza...
- 09/06/13--13:55: _Marvel's Newest Plo...
- 09/10/13--12:36: _18 Flawless Beauty ...
- 09/10/13--13:09: _Iron Man: A Life In...
- 09/10/13--14:39: _This Is The Closest...
- 09/11/13--07:16: _"Good Night, Night ...
- 09/11/13--08:17: _21 More Disney Char...
- 09/11/13--11:35: _Even Archie Comics ...
- 09/11/13--13:39: _Play As Your Favori...
- 09/12/13--14:33: _9 Women Who Shaped ...
- 09/13/13--08:47: _10 Villain Affirmat...
- 08/30/13--10:36: 12 Things Young Parents Are Tired Of Hearing
- 08/30/13--13:55: Which Version Of Sherlock Holmes Is Your Favorite?
- 09/03/13--07:40: 19 Delightfully Macabre Disney Heroines
- 09/03/13--08:38: "Game Of Hearts" Turns "Game Of Thrones" Into A Romantic Comedy
- 09/03/13--14:52: 20 Most Adorable Supporting Hayao Miyazaki Creatures
- 09/04/13--07:48: That Time The Voice Of Spider-Man Read Spider-Memes
- 09/04/13--13:07: Can You Get Through This Post Without Needing A Moment?
- 09/05/13--09:36: J. D. Salinger Explained By Someone Who Has Never Read His Work
- 09/05/13--11:22: "Game Of Thrones" Season Four Marketing Can't Top These Fan Posters
- 09/06/13--08:08: 19 Essential Miyazaki Reaction GIFS For Every Occasion
- 09/06/13--13:55: Marvel's Newest Plot Teaser Asked Seriously Awkward Questions
- 09/10/13--12:36: 18 Flawless Beauty Tips From "Fantasia" Centaurs
- 09/10/13--13:09: Iron Man: A Life In Four Photos
- 09/11/13--08:17: 21 More Disney Characters As Modern College Students
- 09/11/13--11:35: Even Archie Comics Aren't Safe From The Zombie Plague
- 09/12/13--14:33: 9 Women Who Shaped Science Fiction
- 09/13/13--08:47: 10 Villain Affirmation Posters To Help You Get Through The Day
Yes, we started early. Yes, we can see you doing mental math and subsequently judging us.
Awwww, is this your little sister/brother?
This fine specimen of humanity is the product of unprotected sex between me and my partner.
How old are you?
Old enough to know that's a rude-ass question.
Were they happy accidents or planned?
Is there a right way to answer this?
Is the baby's father/mother still in the picture?
Nope, much like the praying mantis, the young parent eats their mate after conception to show dominance.
Use these handy diagrams to decide! Tumblr artist Baker took three popular versions of the British detective — Granada circa 1984, Robert Downey Jr. circa 2009, and BBC circa 2011 — and illustrated the differences.
It’s the little details that really push them over the edge into nightmare territory. For over five years, artist Jeffrey Thomas has been working his way through the roster for his Twisted Disney series.
Snow White - Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Blue Fairy - Pinocchio
Cinderella - Cinderella
Alice - Alice In Wonderland
Sansa Stark and Tyrion Lannister are made for each other… they just don’t know it yet. Proof positive that movie trailers can be deceiving.
After 50 years and 11 films, the Japanese animation master is set to retire . But his legacy will live on with these beautiful films stuffed full of spirits, demons, and cats.
Lily - Kiki's Delivery Service
The posh girlfriend of Kiki's cat Jiji, Lily knows how to make all the boys go crazy.
Nina - The Secret World Of Arrietty
It's an age old story. Cat meets tiny girl. Cat tries to eat tiny girl. Cat befriends tiny girl.
Goldfish - Ponyo
Ponyo's little sisters might not get to go on life-changing adventures with humans, but they steal every scene they're in so it evens out.
Baron Humbert von Gikkingen - Whisper of the Heart
Though he starts life as a statue in a antique shop, Humber more accurately Howl 1.0: The Furry Edition.
Good luck topping this. The Internet might was well shut down.
This is the man behind the Spectacular Spider-Man.
Josh Keaton has given a voice to Spider-Man across many platforms, from television to video games but is most famous for his run as the web-slinger in the 2008 cartoon The Spectacular Spider-Man. So sure, this was a shameless plug — admitted by Keaton on his YouTube page — to get folks to watch reruns of his show, but it might be the best plug in Internet history.
Valerie Macon / Getty Images
There’s a reason they call it fangirling. Because ladies, it’s getting hot in here.
Captain Hook, what a talented mouth you have.
Those eyes. That tongue. Thomas, stop that.
Drag us to hell and call us "darling."
Come to bed, Idris Elba.
Everything I know about this guy came from pop culture osmosis.
J.D. Salinger is a famous author that a lot of people read and/or claimed to have read...
The Associated Press / AP
In school because they had to.
Or in school because they wanted to look smart.
He wrote some book called "The Catcher In The Rye."
Amy Sancetta, File / AP
Admit it, you thought this was official, didn’t you? If HBO knows what’s good for them, they’ll hire Mateus Muramatsu and Raphael Augusto Guerhaldt .
One day humans will show emotion only through GIFS. Just doing my part to help that along.
When it's been a long day and you're just over it...even if it's only 10AM.
When you haven't showered or gotten dressed in days.
When something so baffling happens you can't even form words.
When the day is against you and everything is wrong.
Sometimes being vague is a good thing. And sometimes it makes it seem like you’re trying to tell fans you gave them herpes.
Marvel sent out this extremely vague piece of marketing earlier in the week...
...okay it's a tease. No big deal.
Next came an equal opportunity cryptic follow-up.
Ha ha, inclusion! Well done, everyone. That's it now right?
Then it started to get...awkward.
Are they what? Dating? Coming out of the closet? Confessing to murder?
These ladies are professionals. Don’t lie, growing up you wanted their perfect lives.
Bathing under cold running water helps keep hair silky and libidos in check.
Werk it, girl. Dancing naked in the privacy of your all-girl harem builds confidence.
For fillies with curly hair, make sure the cherubs use a comb and not a brush.
Braiding your tail while it's wet will lead to sexy waves by night fall.
Not all biographies are books. Wesley managed to capture the essence of Tony Stark without ever saying a word.
In our lifetime, anyway. Shawn Crosby has turned not one, but two vehicles into his own personal fighters, saying it’s a lot like playing LEGO, only on a grander scale.
From pizza pan rims to baseball bat laser canons, everything on this one of kind car is handmade.
The steering wheel even looks like it has turbo buttons!
And is that a Han Solo dash ornament?
The fandom is strong in this one.
By order of the Secret Police. Please read this wonderful story written by Teri Pops and illustrated by Nazi Nurse three times a night until the blood moon passes.
Secret police design by Rhobi.
Seriously Disney, turn this into a show…or else. Rubén returns to Disney University with a new crop of college kids.
Snow White - Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Pinocchio - Pinocchio
Wendy - Peter Pan
Tinkerbell - Peter Pan
Who will survive when Riverdale is overrun by this phenomenon? The creators behind Archie continue to prove they’ve got the lock down on pop culture, as proved by this pulp cover art.
According to the press release:
Escape from Riverdale, Part 4 [of 5]: With two more members of our beloved gang infected by the dreadful zombie-virus, Riverdale's one sanctuary—Lodge Mansion—has been compromised. The kids are left to make a significant decision—do they stay and fight or flee the only town they've ever known? Meanwhile, Archie makes a horrific discovery in his own home, one that may cost him his life!
Of course it would make sense that Jughead's insatiable hunger would translate well into being an undead scourge. This five-part comic is the set up for a new ongoing alternate reality series where the universe of Archie deals with a zombie apocalypse.
Script: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
Cover: Francesco Francavilla
Jughead's Beanie Variant Cover: Tim Seeley
By the old gods and the new, this concept is awesome. Take on the role of Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, or Tyrion Lannister to save the realm.
A collaboration of indie developer Arcade Game Studio and sprite artist Carl Olsson, with chiptune songs — including "Rains of Castemere" — by Floating Point, Game of Thrones: The Game features four levels with four different characters, all with their own abiliites and attacks. Each level is set during a different time of the saga, with unique enemies and challenges.
The retro platform game is free to download to play here!
Move over, Arthur C. Clarke and Isaac Asimov. Everyone knows about the fathers of science fiction, but what about the mothers?