Articles on this Page
- 01/03/13--08:59: _Visualizing An Eart...
- 01/03/13--14:01: _George Lucas Is Eng...
- 01/03/13--16:53: _Your Brain Really C...
- 01/04/13--07:43: _Captain Kirk Beams ...
- 01/04/13--09:38: _Curious Turtle Befr...
- 01/04/13--10:27: _"Fallen Astronaut" ...
- 01/04/13--12:20: _Alien And Predator ...
- 01/07/13--07:36: _Meet The Justice Le...
- 01/07/13--08:15: _Pixar Teases "The B...
- 01/07/13--08:53: _Victorian Flirting ...
- 01/08/13--07:07: _Why Office "Perks" ...
- 01/08/13--08:00: _From Birth To Death...
- 01/08/13--08:20: _The Best F*cking Cr...
- 01/08/13--10:10: _Curiosity Rover Rev...
- 01/08/13--12:13: _"Big Bang Theory" T...
- 01/08/13--12:29: _Hulk Has Possession...
- 01/08/13--13:09: _Australian Brush Fi...
- 01/08/13--15:18: _PUBLIX is just a ch...
- 01/09/13--07:34: _Sandra Bullock Is I...
- 01/09/13--08:36: _First Images Of Kat...
- 01/03/13--08:59: Visualizing An Earth-Like Mars
- 01/03/13--14:01: George Lucas Is Engaged!
- 01/03/13--16:53: Your Brain Really Cares About Cup Colors
- 01/04/13--07:43: Captain Kirk Beams Message To Outer Space, Receives Reply
- 01/04/13--09:38: Curious Turtle Befriends Commercial Diver
- 01/04/13--10:27: "Fallen Astronaut" Left On The Moon
- 01/04/13--12:20: Alien And Predator Caught! The Scandalous Love Story
- 01/07/13--07:36: Meet The Justice League Of Defaced American Currency
- 01/07/13--08:15: Pixar Teases "The Blue Umbrella" Short Film
- 01/07/13--08:53: Victorian Flirting Was Super Crazy Complicated
- 01/08/13--07:07: Why Office "Perks" Secretly Destroy Your Sanity
- 01/08/13--08:00: From Birth To Death: Everything You Need To Know About Spider-Man
- 01/08/13--08:20: The Best F*cking Cruise Ship Tour You'll Ever Take
- 01/08/13--10:10: Curiosity Rover Reveals Martian Surface For The First Time
- 01/08/13--12:13: "Big Bang Theory" Trailer Posits Women Never Buy Comics
- 01/08/13--12:29: Hulk Has Possession Of Thor's Hammer
- 01/08/13--13:09: Australian Brush Fires Photographed From Space
- 01/08/13--15:18: PUBLIX is just a cheap knock-off of Jungle...
- 01/09/13--07:34: Sandra Bullock Is Iron Woman
- 01/09/13--08:36: First Images Of Katniss And Finnick In "Catching Fire"
It's strange to see the Red Planet as a Blue Marble. Continents and seas take shape, familiar and yet alien.
Western Hemisphere Then:
Above is Kevin Gill's assessment of how the western hemisphere of Mars would look either terraformed by human hands or returned to its ancient state. You can see Olympus Mons off to the left, the volcano three times the height of Everest reaching towards the sky. The open maw of the Valles Marineris canyons dominate the center of the concept art.
Western Hemisphere Today:
Southern Hemisphere Then:
Congratulations! The 68-year-old director finally popped the question to Mellody Hobson, his girlfriend of almost a decade.
Image by Jemal Countess / Getty Images
This marriage will be Lucas's second and Hobson's first. The couple has been together for seven years. According to Lucas, he met his 43-year-old fiancé at a business conference in 2006 and they began dating shortly thereafter.
Ms. Hobson is the president of Chicago based investment firm Ariel Investments LLC.
You've been drinking wrong for years. According to science , depending on what you're consuming, your mug color should change accordingly.
The best color to bring out the lemon-lime flavor in soda.
The best color to make hot chocolate taste divine.
The best color for quenching thirst with cold drinks.
The best color to enhance the flavor of sugary refreshments.
All data courtesy of Discovery.
Life signs detected.
Commander Chris Hadfield, former Royal Canadian Air Force pilot and current expedition leader, is the recognized captain of the International Space Station. He is tweeting about his time there and, apparently, reports directly to Starfleet.
Hey buddy, whatcha doin' with those pipes? Can I help?
What appears to be a critically endangered Hawksbill Sea Turtle approached the diver as he began maintenance on a platform in the Gulf of Thailand. After the initial fright of having an unknown thing rubbing up on him in the water, the diver made friends with the lonely animal.
Lucky for us, the entire exchange was captured by an ROV in the water.
Many lives were lost while humanity endeavored to reach the stars. This memorial was placed on the surface of the moon in their memory.
On August 1st, 1971 the Fallen Astronaut memorial was installed by the crew of Apollo 15. Known as the first art on the moon, the tin man was commissioned by Belgian artist Pual Van Hoeydonck.
The plaque lists the names of fourteen men, eight American and six Soviet, who lost their lives in the pursuit of space flight. Unfortunately several deceased were left off the list. They included Soviet cosmonauts Valentin Bondarenko and Grigori Nelyubov, who's work had been so secret at the time no one outside the Soviet space program was aware of their death. Also left out were American astronauts Robert Henry Lawrence, Jr. and Michael James Adams. Robert was the first African-American astronaut.
• Theodore Freeman (October 31, 1964, aircraft accident)
• Charles Bassett (February 28, 1966, aircraft accident)
• Elliott See (February 28, 1966, aircraft accident)
• Gus Grissom (January 27, 1967, Apollo 1 fire)
• Roger Chaffee (January 27, 1967, Apollo 1 fire)
• Edward White (January 27, 1967, Apollo 1 fire)
• Vladimir Komarov (April 24, 1967, Soyuz 1 re-entry parachute failure)
• Edward Givens (June 6, 1967 automobile accident)
• Clifton Williams (October 5, 1967, aircraft accident)
• Yuri Gagarin (March 27, 1968, aircraft accident)
• Pavel Belyayev (January 10, 1970, disease)
• Georgi Dobrovolski (June 30, 1971, Soyuz 11 re-entry pressurization failure)
• Viktor Patsayev (June 30, 1971, Soyuz 11 re-entry pressurization failure)
• Vladislav Volkov (June 30, 1971, Soyuz 11 re-entry pressurization failure)
Irrefutable proof these star-crossed lovers are together. Their respective PR teams are going to have a fit!
The two age old enemies were spotted being suspiciously civil on the street.
Once they spotted the photogs, they tried to play it off like they were still nemeses.
But as soon as they though the paparazzi were gone...
They were all over each other.
Andrew Jackson makes a damn fine Wonder Woman. I can't help but think the real Justice League would be against Aslan Malik 's art.
Aslan-Sebastian Malik is a multimedia designer from Germany. Born in 1981, he passion seems to lie in illusionary works, be they motion graphics or realistic illustrations.
Be sure to check out more of his work but be aware some of it is a little NSFW.
This umbrella is so adorable! The photorealistic piece is set to play before Monster University later this year.
Directed by Saschka Unseld, the short is Pixar's first foray photorealism. Other than the cartoony faces of the anthropomorphic umbrellas, everything else will be rendered to mimic reality as closely as Pixar possibly can.
This is new territory for the animation company, but the director promises "complex scenes" of "people walking" down the street so they must be confident in their abilities.
Does anyone else think this film looks like a shout-out to the old Disney classic Johnny Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet?
Apparently a simple “I like you” was too low-brow. Nothing keeps the riff-raff out like a complex set of arbitrary rules.
With benefits like these, who needs drawbacks? Welcome aboard!
You get paid vacation days!
But you can't use them during the two weeks blacked out before and after every major holiday.
You get sick days!
That no one ever takes when they're actually sick.
Spider-man is dead; long live Spider-man. Peter Parker has met his final end . Catch yourself up on 50 years of history before starting The Superior Spider-Man .
I'm sold. I think we just found Copyranter 's long lost brother.
Greg from Mediocre Films 2 went on a cruise to Hawaii with his family. As a vlogger, he decided to document his voyage.
He looks like he's having fun?
The red planet is shockingly pale underneath all that dust. Identity crisis!
NASA released this image taken by the Curiosity on January 6th, 2012.
The pale circle is the result of the rover's DRT aka Dust Removal Tool. The DRT is a wire bristle brush attached to the turret on the end of Curiosity's arm. The motorized duster removed the debris from a 1.85 inches by 2.44 inches piece of rock.
Seriously, “where no woman has gone before”? For a show that claims to understand nerds, it really doesn't.
For about the first ten seconds, this teaser for episode thirteen of the current season of The Big Bang Theory is harmless. Or as harmless as it can be considering this show might actually despise its fan base.
But then things get down right insulting. It would be acceptable, perhaps even funny, had they phrased it "where none of THESE women" have gone before. But that is not a broad enough generalization obviously, so the show falls back on the "girls don't go in comic shops ever for any reason ever even on pain of death never ever."
There have been a lot of attacks on women in geek culture over the past year, many of them high profile. It speaks poorly of TBBT writers (or marketing department) to be so out of touch with the churning social commentary within their own sub-culture.
This can only end in SMASH! As part of the Marvel NOW! initiative, this intriguing image was leaked.
Former Fantastic Four writer Mark Waid is teaming up with Walt Simonson for a story line involving Hulk and Asgard it would appear.
Simonson is known for past work writing and inking for Thor as well as the "New" Fantastic Four which included Hulk. So the pairing is a good match.
The question remains though, is Hulk struggling to pick up Mjölnir or did he just bring the smash down on some poor fool?
Including two never before seen images. Commander Chris Hadfield has been taking some stunning photos from the International Space Station. The photos from the ground are devastating.
This image released yesterday shows massive amount of smoke drifting up from Australia's wildfires.
Photographer and International Space Station Commander Chris Hadfield. Hadfield has become something of an Internet sensation since taking over command of the ISS in December.
Below are two brand new images of the raging fires just released by Hadfield:
PUBLIX is just a cheap knock-off of Jungle Jim's. But that's cool. Cincinnati wasn't about to share the world's best grocery store.
With Amber Heard as Lady Thor. After the runaway success of Alison Brie as Captain America, Fan Art Exhibit is on their way to gender-bending the whole team.
These ladies are part of the "If Women Ruled The Earth" series by Josh WMC.
A Sydney, Australia native Josh has an entire site dedicated to intricate digitally manipulated cosplays.
The clock is ticking. Despite everything, I guarantee Team Finnick will become a thing.
Finnick Odair, darling of District 4, is being played by Sam Claflin.
Catching Fire hits theaters November 21, 2013.
Read Jennifer Lawrence's interview, including an announcement about her "pregnancy" over at Entertainment Weekly.