Articles on this Page
- 08/06/12--07:52: _Miley Cyrus Chopped...
- 08/06/12--09:45: _"Portal" Villain GL...
- 08/06/12--11:33: _"Thanks, Textbooks!...
- 08/06/12--11:47: _Bill Nye Reaction T...
- 08/06/12--12:53: _Gorgeous Restaurant...
- 08/07/12--07:07: _First Look! Daniel ...
- 08/07/12--08:04: _This Dog Looks Like...
- 08/07/12--09:35: _In Defense Of NASA
- 08/07/12--12:42: _The End Of The Grea...
- 08/07/12--13:04: _How A Slushie Machi...
- 08/07/12--15:09: _McDonald's Serves C...
- 08/08/12--08:12: _Philippines Man Res...
- 08/09/12--07:56: _Teen Eats Nothing B...
- 08/09/12--08:42: _Sperm Whales' Ridic...
- 08/09/12--09:48: _4 Comic Book Panels...
- 08/09/12--12:02: _The Most Dapper Swi...
- 08/09/12--14:08: _Disney Princesses G...
- 08/10/12--08:03: _Man Creates Sleepin...
- 08/10/12--08:11: _When Will We Forget?
- 08/10/12--09:20: _Hogwarts House Couture
- 08/06/12--07:52: Miley Cyrus Chopped Her Hair Off Tops The Morning Links
- 08/06/12--09:45: "Portal" Villain GLaDoS Spotted At London Olympics
- 08/06/12--11:33: "Thanks, Textbooks!" Tumblr Pokes Fun At Academic Writing
- 08/06/12--11:47: Bill Nye Reaction To Mars Landing Caught On Camera
- 08/06/12--12:53: Gorgeous Restaurant Built Into A Cave And Other Links
- 08/07/12--07:07: First Look! Daniel Day Lewis As Abraham Lincoln
- 08/07/12--08:04: This Dog Looks Like A T-Rex Tops The Morning Links
- 08/07/12--09:35: In Defense Of NASA
- 08/07/12--12:42: The End Of The Great Wall Of China And Other Links
- 08/07/12--13:04: How A Slushie Machine Works
- 08/07/12--15:09: McDonald's Serves Curly Fries Now
- 08/08/12--08:12: Philippines Man Rescuing Puppies Tops The Morning Links
- 08/09/12--07:56: Teen Eats Nothing But Tic-Tacs Tops The Morning Links
- 08/09/12--08:42: Sperm Whales' Ridiculous Sleep Position
- 08/09/12--09:48: 4 Comic Book Panels That Should Never Be Drawn Again
- 08/09/12--12:02: The Most Dapper Swim Team You'll See Today And Other Links
- 08/09/12--14:08: Disney Princesses Get Zombified
- 08/10/12--08:03: Man Creates Sleeping Cocoon On Subway Tops The Morning Links
- 08/10/12--08:11: When Will We Forget?
- 08/10/12--09:20: Hogwarts House Couture
And she dyed it, so the combination makes her look like a completely different person! Plus, can Ghostbusters 3 happen if Bill Murray says no and why would Facebook shut down Selena Gomez's account?
Natalie Portman recently, and quietly, married her baby daddy. - [TheSuperficial]
These speaker rigs brought to you by Aperture Science. You've seen it, you can't unsee it.
Did you know fire is the second safest form of travel? Thanks, textbook!
"I use this chart daily. I can never remember if an indeterminate yo-yo is equal to salad dressing or a bagel. Thanks textbooks."
"This… is a terrible, terrible idea."
"Actually figure 4-9 presents a blank graph. The labels on the y-axis are helpful though. Notice as time increases… the graph is still blank."
"I’m just going to draw a line on this graph where the accurate data would go… if I had any."
Bill Nye was part of Planetfest 2012 in Pasadena, California last night. This photo was captured at the exact moment the Curiosity Rover touched down safely on Martian soil.
Italians really know how to eat in style. Plus, dinosaurs that need to be in the new Jurassic Park movie and a McDonald's staff saves a baby's life on camera.
The greatest advancement in human history? - [Dorkly]
10 movies you didn't realize were based on books. - [Flavorwire]
So, Lewis time traveled and stole Lincoln's skin? Because that is one fine impression.
Daniel Day Lewis will star in the title role of “Lincoln” directed by Steven Spielberg.
“Lincoln” is a DreamWorks, Twentieth Century Fox, Participant Media production opening in limited release November 9, expanding November 16, 2012.
No dog was harmed in the making of this hairstyle unless you include loss of dignity. Plus chivalry can't be dead if it's a myth and Ryan Lochte loves bling in all its forms.
Jennifer Lawrence is getting paid HOW MUCH to be in The Hunger Games sequel? - [HollywoodReporter]
New calculations posit a whole new theory on how our moon was formed. - [HuffingtonPost]
Jessica Simpson has allegedly lost 35 pounds since starting Weight Watchers. - [TheSuperficial]
Not everyone was excited about Curiosity's flawless landing. An easy way to shut down naysayers on your social media platforms.
Or the beginning, I suppose. Also, soon it might be legal to have more than two parents and Dr. Seuss made print ads before moving on to books.
Keep your chin up. Higher. Higher. THERE you go. - [PSDisasters]
Take THAT , laws of physics. What we see as a sweet summer treat should be impossible.
But only in the Philippines. Apparently they've been getting this seasonal favorite in secret for years.
Called "Twister Fries", they're being served for only three weeks this year. Somehow it's even more mythical than the famed Shamrock Shakes.
Want to try Twister Fries in the U.S. (or anywhere else for that matter)? Hit up McDonald's Twister Facebook Page and let them know!
While anxious adult dogs look on. Plus, Joan Rivers hates Costco and geography caused the North American dinosaur boom.
And doctors can't figure out why. Plus, Alf is coming to the big screen and a new plug-in hides the products of child labor from your online shopping experience.
"Meet Natalie Cooper, a 17-year-old teenager who has a mysterious illness that makes her sick every time she eats anything. Well, almost anything. She can eat one thing that doesn't make her sick: Tic Tac mints!
For reasons that doctors are unable to explain, Tic Tacs are the only thing she can stomach, meaning she has to get the rest of her sustenance from a specially formulated feeding tube."
Oh good, the producer of the CGI Smurfs atrocity is going to reboot Alf. - [HollywoodReporter]
Zzzzzzzz. They literally drift off to sleep.
Photo By: Magnus Lundgren
Scientists came across this slumbering pod of sperm whales off the coast of the Azores. It is still up for debate as to why this particular species of whale opts to sleep in a vertical position.
Seriously, quit making these out of touch panels immediately. They make so little sense they actually ruin suspension of disbelief.
Over at The Gutters, artist Jeremy Rock took a new angle on classic comic book advice. There may be 22 Panels That Always Work according to MAD creator Wally Wood, but there are at least 4 panels that no longer do.
Hat Tip To BoingBoing
The New York “Balmers” took their photo ops very seriously. Also, a wicked Lord of the Rings cosplay and a leap forward in 3D printing technology.
One cosplay to rule them all. -[Dorkly]
Athletes sure have some adorable dogs. - [SportsIllustrated]
Some day my braaaaaiiiiinnnnssss will come. Dark Disney fan art never gets old.
Artist Witit Karpkraikaew lives in Thailand and only creates digital art as a hobby. Which is a shame because he has a talent for the macabre, even when it doesn't include princesses.
Hat Tip To Design You Trust
You can tell this is San Francisco because New Yorkers would've overturned him by now. Plus, Kate Upton went nude for her new photoshoot and faking injury isn't just for getting out of gym.
Breaking News: Kate Upton looks really good naked. [SFW] - [HuffingtonPost]
Time marches inexorably forward. The guys at XKCD help drive home the fact we're all going to die. Let's go have ice cream…shots.
Ten points to ALL houses. Do you think Hogwarts dress code would allow for these fierce examples of House pride?
Turning pop culture into fashion seems to really be taking off and Cavalyn encompasses the essence of each Hogwarts House well.
A fashion designer by trade, she also makes some wonderful Game of Thrones inspired outfits, so be sure to check out her page for that and the upcoming individual detail for Slytherin.
Hat Tip To Fashionably Geek